Need somewhere to stay in Halifax?
Dyer’s Cottage offers you all the benefits of a spacious, beautifully restored 17th century one bedroom cottage and garden. Full of many original character features with a contemporary bathroom, we are the perfect alternative to a hotel. Situated in the Wainhouse heritage area of Halifax, in the shadow of the tallest folly in the world, Wainhouse Tower, we are just 2 miles from Halifax railway station, 1 mile from Sowerby Bridge railway station and within walking distance of all local amenities.
A quirky holiday cottage for people who are looking for somewhere special. The perfect relaxing retreat yet close to all amenities. A true ‘home away from home’ with a delightful sunny garden for up to 3 people. Built around 1650, the cottage offers many original features like exposed stone walls, a mullioned window, a Yorkshire stone fireplace and wooden ceiling beams. Most unusually, there is a long documented history of both the building and the occupants.
Holiday Cottage Features
- Equipped to the highest of standards, the cottage is cosy, comfortable and spacious with high ceilings
- No Smoking or vaping or use of illegal substances inside the property
- Gas central heating and a gas fired stove in the living room
- Flexible sleeping options- superking bed or 2 twins plus a sofabed in the living room for an adult or a Z bed or travel cot for a child.
- Sleeps up to 3 adults plus a child under 10
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven and ceramic hob, dishwasher and fridge with a small freezer section
- Luxurious contemporary bathroom with a long bath and shower at one end, washer/dryer and gas central heating boiler
- Linens, towels and WiFi are provided free of charge
- 40” SMART TV with Freeview channels
- Close to all amenities including a real ale pub which serves home cooked food
- On road parking
- 1 dog welcome too (but not in the bedroom) at an additional charge of £20
- Unfortunately, due to steps from the road and a steep staircase inside the cottage, it is not suitable for people with mobility issues
- Just 2 miles from Halifax town centre and 1 mile from Sowerby Bridge
- Car not essential as bus connections are excellent